Nephila's on a mission to develop internal technologies and growth. We’re now looking for Frontend Developers to join our team.
Here are some of the team challenges you might get involved in:
HMI for industrial devices. A 2-years project we started in late 2021 for one of the largest paint manufacturers worldwide. You will be working with the international product and design teams, in a close team work across diciplines, to develop new features focused on user experience even in poor connection conditions.
Web platform for teachers and students. A long-term project for one of the largest school publishers in Italy. You will be working with the design and product teams (formed by Nephila and clients's digital and editorial staff), to develop new features and to contribute to its design system evolution.
Here are some other things you might do:
- Work with teammates and partners, to understand requirements, and propose solutions.
- Improve existing code and keep it on track with framework and techniques evolutions.
- Help keep documentation updated to help us become a better, more effective organisation
We are based in Firenze, Italy. We are opensource oriented, agile and open-minded. We are proud Django and Python contributors, and we actively support diversity and inclusion in our communities. Even better, we are always eager to welcome teammates who are also community people, conference attendees and speakers.
We are a small, flexible and remote-first company; we are life-long learners, and each of us cares to grow and support each other as much as they cares to grow the whole organization.
We are proudly oriented to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce, and we celebrate our differences because we believe they will led us to be more innovative and to make even better products.
One more thing
Even it may seem like we’re looking for a specific candidate, the role ends up tailored to the person who applies and joins. And, several research works show that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the requirements.
You can check our main criteria below and, regardless of how well you feel to fit our description, we encourage you to apply if you're interested. We'd love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!
You love building and shipping things.
- You have at least 3 years of experience working in web development
- You have experience working with 3rd party APIs and libraries
- You have a good grasp of React or VueJs (or similar frameworks) and the concepts behind them
- You write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability and scalability
If you don't already know it, you're ready to learn it.
You value collaboration as much as coding.
You are definitely a team player, and know how to balance different demands within your group and towards other people. You understand that building modern applications is a team work, you are able to focus on performance and shared objectives, while helping teammates, whether by reviewing code, pairing on a tricky problem, or by thinking about solutions when challenges come ahead.
You are on the user’s side.
Frontend apps must take a lot of aspects into account, to deliver a good user experience: overall performance, UX research, accessibility, code quality. And they have to be visually appealing! As a real user advocate, you know how to work with the UX/UI people and the rest of the team to build a better product, and to integrate the visual and the application side of the product.
The Whole Package
Our headquarters are in Firenze, Italy, but our flexible, distributed environment lets us work easily with remote people.
Languages: Italian, English
While our technical team members are comfortable with English, some proficency in Italian, as the shared language within Nephila and with Italian clients and partners, is a requirement.
- 30-34K Euro RAL (Gross Annual Income)
- annual learning budget for courses, conferences, and more—for you own interests
- personal learning plan with dedicated annual budget and a growth path built together, to match your growth aligned with Nephila evolution
- access to public events and internal events or workshops organized by Nephila
- laptop and tools for your daily work
- personal presence in our Italian headquarters in Firenze can be occasionally required; accomodation and transport expenses are covered for non commuters
- job agreements and healthcare are provided as per the Italian "CCNL Commercio" law, unless other agreements can be considered in reason of specific requirements or conditions
You can send us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. If reasonable accommodations are needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact us at the same email address.