Our working environment
We are a small, nimble and remote first company based in Firenze, Italy. We are life-long learners, and each of us cares to grow and support each other as much as they care to grow the whole organization. We are problem solvers. We support long-lasting and evolutionary solutions for digital ecosystems through digital innovation. We think, create, and help integrating technological solutions and digital processes in our clients’ organisations.
Our technological stack
As a company with a strong technological mindset, we like to keep our daily tools at hand, and keep on-premise services for whatever we can handle ourselves. We strongly believe that untested code is a broken code, and we try to automate whatever we can. Our CI/CD infrastructure is there to catch errors and help us deploy our code quickly and effectively. Our focus is on developing web applications with Python, and our stack is based on Django, Django REST Framework, django CMS and async frameworks like FastAPI. We mostly use PostgreSQL, but we happen to interact with Oracle or MariaDB too. Outside the relational world, we work with different systems like ElasticSearch, Redis, MongoDB, and any other service that might be needed to fulfill the client requirements. When it comes to the infrastructure, we have a broad range of deployment scenarios, from plain server to managed Kubernetes clusters.
One more thing
Even it may seem like we’re looking for a specific candidate, the role ends up tailored to the person who applies and joins. And, several research works show that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the requirements.
You can check our main criteria below and, regardless of how well you feel to fit our description, we encourage you to apply if you're interested. We'd love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!
You love building complex products with Python, things fast matched with robustness, and you are always mindful to avoid technical debt and waste. You enjoy analysing innovative trends and getting deeper with the implementation details. You value collaboration as much as coding, and you welcome feedbacks as an opportunity to sharpen your skills.
- You have at least 5 years of experience working in web development;
- You have experience working with 3rd party APIs and libraries;
- You have a good grasp of Python and experience with working with Django or FastAPI;
- While not a specialist, you have a good grasp of the infrastructure/operations side of developing web applications, and can assist operations specialists in designing/maintaining the infrastructure;
- You have a good knowledge of Docker and you have familiarity with deploying it in the cloud;
- You have experience designing software architectures and modelling data;
- You have demonstrable knowledge of design patterns and best practices in software development;
- You have knowledge of continuous integration methodologies and automated deployment;
- You have experience in an agile development methodology such as Scrum;
- You are able to manage, plan and take responsibility for a range of tasks involving interaction with other developers, business analysts or users;
- You are able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels in both verbal and written communications;
- You are a team player, and know how to balance different demands within your group and towards other people.
The Whole Package
Our headquarters are in Firenze, Italy, but our flexible, distributed environment lets us work easily with remote people.
Languages: Italian, English
While our technical team members are comfortable with English, some proficency in Italian is a requirement, as it is the shared language within Nephila and with Italian clients and partners.
- 55K - 60K Euro RAL (Gross Annual Income);
- annual learning budget for courses, conferences, and more—for you own interests;
- personal learning plan with dedicated annual budget and a growth path built together, to match your growth aligned with Nephila evolution;
- access to public events and internal events or workshops organized by Nephila;
- laptop and tools for your daily work;
- personal presence in our Italian headquarters in Firenze can be occasionally required; accomodation and transport expenses are covered for non commuters;
- job agreements and healthcare are provided as per the Italian "CCNL Commercio" law, unless other agreements can be considered in reason of specific requirements or conditions.
You can send us your CV to email@example.com. If reasonable accommodations are needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact us at the same email address.